Monday 31 March 2014

Sign On

Sign On & Sign Off from vessel.


This is not my 1st time sign on, but already 8th times!. I already complete Shipboard Service (SBS) with 7 vessels and already 7 times pass through this process. But, I always sad to sign on except my 1st 3 SBS. (My 1st &2nd SBS as Jr AO & my 3rd SBS start to run solo as AO). Little bit excited at that times.. 


Sign On.

Before sign on, I already imagine what will happen & activities that might be happen. The best sign on was at Bunga Allium 2012, which is occurs at Shekou (Yulian Dockyard) . I relieved my sifu, Mr Salim Aman. We double up about a week before he sign off. The process really smooth without chasing times & all handover was done with relax atmosphere. All account's paper was reviewed & provision store checked satisfactorily.

I have no idea why I always sign on during wee hours. Start from Bunga Melati 4, sign on at Port Klang & sign on group arrived at 2300 hrs. Then at Bunga Melati 5, at Kuantan, I arrived at midnight & a guy that I going to relieve no idea about my arrival. He going for shore leave!.  The last is at Bunga Allium on Jun 2013, I arrived at vessel around 2300 hrs at Algas Anchorage Singapore. 

Sign On Bunga Allium on 2013 is my worst experienced. My group departed from hotel at 1300 hrs at noon We arrived Singapore at 1630hrs and waiting at Changi Airport for cadet & 4th Officer which is actually taking same flights with my group. (agent info, they will arriving an hour late than us!). These 2 guys, waiting at other gates and agent cant find them. We was send to Seaman Club for dinner then again waiting at West Coast Pier.  The bastard agent also always want everything in hurry. Master gave him ETA 2300 hrs, but that ETA at pilot station. It took about an hour to settle everything before vessel really ready to receive on signers & other visitor. 

Handover with Tarun Goel going smooth even at midnight since he relieved me before. My fault s, I do not checked provision store thoroughly before new provision supply arrived. After sailing, I checked, there's some shortage in stock of chicken and altogether was shortage about MYR 5000.00 . WTF!!..  This matters was reported to Master, but there's no point since only me need to cover all that loss. Captain Jose also shared his experienced at Bunga Kantan & how they settle it. I was asked, how long I need to cover up all that things.  When I checked previous invoice, there's a lot of expensive things was purchased & the price charged by bloody Chua really high. Budget for provision was burst & luckily, I learned MAGIC which is it only appeared losses MYR 300.00 . I struggled a lot & once new master in command, I able to convinced him to change supplier which is offer more attractive price.After 6 months, all losses able to cover up without compromise the quality & quantity of food & drink served.  Joining Bunga Allium on 2013 is my nightmare due to my fault not properly checking the store.


        

Sign Off

The best part for seaman is sign off especially the SBS already complete or just a month going to complete. My best sign off was from Bunga Angsana 2011. I was sign off after 10 & half months on board! Do not asked how much I was made, but I only can say, It really hard to stay more than time that you have set!.

I was sign off from Shekou during docking. My flight was arranged from Hong Kong to Penang. It really nice once sign off since the responsibility was hand over to other guy. No need to wake up & see same place for about 10 months & the best is, able to spend the money that already accumulate during the time on board! 












    


No comments:

Post a Comment